Already popular in Asia and now gaining momentum in the United States, Sport Silat (Pencak Silat Olah Raga in Indonesian and Malay) offers a wide variety of competition categories to match interest and skills. USSSA hosts regional and national tournaments.
For those new to Sport Silat, here is a brief primer on the most common competition categories.
Sparring Matches (Tanding)
- PERSILAT Ruleset 🔗 – Fast-paced point sparring scored by strikes landed, evasions, throws and takedowns
- PPSF Ruleset 🔗 – Full contact fighting with wins by knockout and submission
- Jurus Tunggal 🔗– Standardized solo form performance with three parts empty-hand, machete (golok) and long staff (tongkat panjang)
- Jurus Ganda 🔗 – Choreographed paired form displaying attack, defense and counter both empty hand and with weapons.
- Jurus Beregu 🔗 – Synchronized, team form
- We will publish official handbooks with specifics for each event and category as event dates approach. Meanwhile, please refer to the 2018 Asian Games Pencak Silat technical handbook.